Friday Note - May 18, 2018
Events of the Week:
Language Workshop: This week we finished our unit on Summer. We read books about the season and shared our fun plans for this summer.
Writing Workshop: We made a memory book about our kindergarten year!
Word Study: This week we reviewed and assessed over the sight words and bonus words. These assessments were sent home earlier this week. Please make sure your child is practicing all of these words over the summer. Your child will be expected to be able to read them when entering 1st grade.
Math: We continued to explore shapes and how to build new shapes.
- May 22 - Field Day at the HS Track
- May 23 - Last Day of School!! We will dismiss at 12:00.
- Breakfast and sack lunches will be served that day.
- May 29 - Summer School begins
Information about the End of the School Year:
- Please make sure your child dresses appropriately (shorts, t-shirts, and tennis shoes) for Field Day on Tuesday, May 22nd.
- School will be in session on Wednesday, May 23rd. Breakfast and lunch will be served that day. We will dismiss at 12:00.
- Progress reports will be sent home on Wednesday.
- Lunch balances and overdue library books need to be taken care of ASAP. If your child does not return his/her library book, he/she will not be able to check out a book when school starts.
Have a great weekend!!