Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Dear Parents,

 As most of you know I will begin my maternity leave over Christmas break so my last day with students will be December 20th.  When students return to school on January 4th they will begin with my long term sub.  I will be taking 8 weeks off so I will return the beginning of March.  After much searching I believe I have found the perfect long term sub for my students and I.  Her name is Betty Nance. 

Betty retired in May from teaching kindergarten in Nixa.  She has been teaching for many, many years and most of those years were in kindergarten.  She has been my substitute a few times while I was gone to the doctor.  She has come to my classroom on two separate occasions to observe me for the day so she can get acquainted with our schedule, routine and my way of teaching.   She already has such a positive connection with my students and they all seem to really like her.

Also, even though I will be out of the classroom for several weeks I will still be very much involved in your child's education.  I plan on communicating weekly with the other kindergarten teachers to come up with lesson plans every week for my class.  It is very important to me that my class still gets the same instruction they need to be successful this year. 

Please do not hesitate to contact Mrs. Nance with any question or concerns during my absence.  I am very confident come January that my students will make a smooth transition.  

Thank you for your support.


Sincerely,


Kaleigh Vaughn

No comments:

Post a Comment